At Beach Bungalow Blinds we love to inspire our clients in their home decor. We don’t just educate them on what works best in what room on what window but we also guide them into creating the best look that fits their specific decoration needs and budget. Beach Bungalow Blinds has the BEST PRICES in town – GUARANTEED! With our energy-saving window treatments that protect your home and furniture from solar damage while keeping your light bill down, you can easily go green in your home today! This month we’re bringing you some great information on Solar Shades and why you may want to install them in your home! Please feel free to call us at (239) 689-4375 with any additional questions!
Solar Shades, are a type of roller window shade generally made from a synthetic mesh fabric, similar to a screen. Solar window shades come in different levels of opaqueness, depending on how much light control you desire. Solar shades, also known as solar screens, are an excellent option for windows with a view. Solar shades reduce glare and improve energy efficiency by reducing solar heat gain and blocking harmful UV rays.
Solar Shades offer excellent light control, not only With energy costs going ever higher, our window fashions not only have an effect on your energy costs, but also aids in energy conservation. By retaining heat in the winter, shading the sun in the summer, and providing maximum UV blockage and sound absorption, solar shades substantially cut energy costs. The result is a surprisingly early payback on the investment you’ve made in your home.saving you money on your energy bills, while providing a clean, stylish look for your home……but good for the environment too!
- Flame Retardant – exceeds the U.S. commercial fire ratings.
- Superior Strength and Dimensional Stability – yarns are 36% fiberglass and 64% PVC. They will not stretch, shrink or twist. Shades always hang flat and roll true.
- Fade Resistant Yarns – color life exceeds all commercial requirements.
- Anti Bacterial and Non Toxic Materials – Reject mold, bacteria and dry rot. Fiberglass is manufactured from all natural materials: quartz, sand, soda and lime. It is not affected by extreme temperatures.
- Super fine yarns for maximum undistorted vision.
- These shades are lead free.
- They do not provide night time privacy
- With a whisper of light and color, solar fabrics light-filtering qualities diffuse light, reduce glare and control solar heat gain yet maintain excellent outward visibility to make any room a more comfortable environment. Solar fabrics come in roller shades or as Roman-style shades and are perfect for large openings.
- Solar shades reduce the fading of textiles and interior furnishing by significantly blocking harmful UV rays. While lighter color fabrics reflect light and illuminate the interior with just the right amount of light, darker fabrics provide a superb view to the outside and absorb light making them ideal for viewing computer and television screens. Using advances in polyester yarn development, a unique twill weave has been developed that allows a distinct two-sided appearance that remains neutral white to the outside while a darker color to the inside for superior visibility and solar heat reduction.
- The openness of a fabric refers to the weave or mesh structure and determines the amount of heat and light that enters a room. Solar fabrics are offered in a variety of openness factors (1%, 3%, 5%, 10%, 25%) to allow optimal light in or to provide more privacy.
- The simple yet beautiful weaves add a rich, subtle texture without taking away from the overall interior design scheme. A recently introduced novelty jacquard line offers an array of unique textures and rich colors inspired by nature. Simple, clean and classic, the aesthetic quality of solar shades allows them to be used in combination with other draperies and window coverings.
- Made of vinyl-coated fiberglass yarns, our classic solar fabrics are durable and handle high-traffic applications with ease. A heavy-duty vinyl-coated polyester style can be used for outdoor applications. Solar fabrics meet or exceed flame retardant standards and are bacteria/fungal resistant.
- Motorization is also an important option for hard-to-reach shades at skylights or transom windows. It can be an important option to facilitate operating draperies behind heavy furniture. It is an efficient option when it is necessary to operate a large number of shades or draperies simultaneously within a given space.
- Motorization is also safe and reliable; all of our plug-in motors and controls are UL and CSA approved for safe operation, while utilizing very little electricity. Another extremely important safety factor for residential blinds and shades is that window treatment automation eliminates hanging cords, which can be dangerous around small children and pets.
- Beach Bungalow Blinds uses only the most reliable products in window treatment motorization. Each system we provide uses a sleek, modern multi-channel radio-control remote control for shade operation. The advantage of radio-control is that there is no “point and click” at a stationary “eye”. The remote control can be operated from anywhere in the room
Our Free Shop at Home service allows us to see firsthand what you want to accomplish with your window treatments and show you samples that you can see in your home with your color scheme. If you’re in the Fort Myers, Florida area, we’re happy to come to your home and show you samples, ideas, discuss your options and go over your project from start to finish. Call (239) 689-4375 to schedule your appointment now!
With over 15 years experience Beach Bungalow Blinds offers the best quality window treatments at the best possible prices in the Southwest Florida area. Our philosophy is simple; understand the importance of great service and personal care and offer superb value.
Imagine your home dressed in new window coverings…. Now let us take care of the rest.We look forward to working with you soon! For all your Plantation Shutter, Blinds, Draperies or Solar Shades needs in the Fort Myers or Southwest Florida area – call Beach Bungalow Blinds!